1. This User Notice is set up in accordance with Article 14 of the Rental Regulations of the Taipei Zhongshan Hall.
2. Applicants shall submit the following documents when applying for the use of the venues: (1) The Zhongzheng Auditorium: a. Application form b. Seven copies of the proposal c. Other relevant documents, and one copy of audio/visual information (the submitted materials shall be produced within the past three years, and the content, performers, date and place shall be specified) d. Companies or corporations should attach a copy of the government registration permit or business registration. e. The assessment fee is NTD1,000 (paid in cash, check or draft only.) The receiver on the check or draft is “Management Office of the Taipei Zhongshan Hall.” (2) The Guangfu Auditorium and the Zhongshan Hall Square: a. Application form b. Proposal (including content, schedule and venue layout) c. Companies or corporations should attach a copy of the government registration permit or business registration. The certification of the Public Liability Insurance should also be submitted when applying for the Zhongshan Hall Square.
3. Submission: Applications can be submitted to the Business Section of the Zhongshan Hall by registered mail or in person during office hours from Monday to Friday (Address: No.98, Yanping S. Rd., Zhongzheng District, Taipei 100, Taiwan). Applications submitted by E-mail are also accepted. Applications which are incomplete will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for obtaining permission from the original composer or performer of the works they intend to perform, and are liable for any legal disputes, which might occur.
4. Contract & Payment: (1) Contract a. The Zhongzheng Auditorium: After the assessment, the contract should be signed six months before the date of performance. Applicants on the waiting list should sign the contract within seven days upon receiving the notification. b. The Guangfu Auditorium and the Zhongshan Hall Square: After the assessment, the contract should be signed within seven days upon receiving the notification. However, if the date of performance is within one month, the contract should be signed immediately upon receiving the notification. Otherwise, the right will be forfeited. (2) Payment a. Applicants are required to pay fifty percent of rental fee and deposit when signing the contract. If payments are overdue, the rental agreement will be cancelled. The balance should be paid thirty days before the date of performance. The deposit will, after the equipment is returned and the venue is reverted, be refunded without interest. If applicants are liable for any damages, MOZH will charge from the deposit and request additional indemnity when the deposit is insufficient to cover the damages. b. Using the venues for audio or video recordings is regarded as formal performances and will be charge accordingly.
5. Regulations for the venues: Applicants shall have a technical meeting with MOZH five days before the date of the performance. Applicants should abide by the conclusions of the meeting and the following regulations: (1) The Zhongzheng Auditorium: a. For security reasons, applicants are requested to submit the list of performers and crew five days before setting up the stage for the convenience of MOZH to check and identify. b. Power and stage equipment shall not be used without permission. (2) The Guangfu Auditorium: a. Applicants should use assemble-type equipment to set up the venue. The floor should be covered with carpets during the setup. Any misconduct which will cause damage to the equipment of the venue is not allowed. b. The corridors of the upper floors may only be used by lighting, sound or working crew when necessary. The audience is not allowed to enter or to use. c. Cooking events in the venue can only use electric stoves, spirit lamps or other devices, which are approved by MOZH. Any use of fire, excluding candles, should be approved by MOZH. Only beverages with alcohol percentage fewer than 20% are allowed to be served in the venue. (3) The Zhongshan Hall Square: a. Applicants should make provisions for power, sound and other facilities for the need of activities. b. Applicants are responsible for setup, portable toilets and other safety measures for the need of activities. c. Vehicles over 1.75 tons are not allowed to enter the square. Vehicles are requested to leave the square right after unloading. d. When holding activities (including rehearsals and stage setting), the sound volume should conform to related regulations of noise control. Applicants are responsible for any misconduct. If any penalty is imposed, MOZH will charge from the deposit and request additional indemnity when the deposit is insufficient to cover the penalty. e. Paint spraying, carving, nailing, piling or other activities causing damage to the floor, plants and other public facilities of the square are not allowed. f. Activities on the square must end before 10 pm. MOZH has the right to stop the activity or call the police if any violations occur. g. A stage or a tent is only allowed to be erected with the permission of MOZH and should follow the Regulations of Temporary Constructions on Temporary Performing Venues in Taipei. h. For tranquility concerns, setting the stage and arranging the square at night are not allowed without the permission of MOZH. i. Cooking events on the square can only use electric stoves, spirit lamps or other devices, which are approved by MOZH. Any use of fire, excluding candles, should be approved by MOZH. Only beverages with alcohol percentage of fewer than 20% are allowed to be served on the square. (4) Audio and video recordings: a. Applicants can bring their own crew and equipment to do audio or video recording with the permission of MOZH. However, infringements on the copyright of others are strictly prohibited. b. Equipment should be set up at the place designated by MOZH during recording. c. Applicants are not allowed to disturb others during recording, and all preparations must be done before the audience enters. See the application form of equipment setting for details. d. Applications for equipment setting should be completed three days before recording. (5) Ticketing: a. Applicants should register at the Taxation Office and apply for exemptions of entertainment tax. The ticket stubs should be stamped with a tax symbol according to relevant regulations. Applicants registered as performing groups of the Department of Cultural Affairs of TCG should follow the Regulations for Registered Performing Groups of Taipei City. b. Applicants are responsible for any notification of misprinted tickets in order to process the following procedures. c. Tickets shall be printed and issued according to the seating of the venues. d. MOZH offers ticket selling service with commission charged through Arts Ticket and Era Ticket systems. e. Applicants should reserve twelve working seats for each performance two weeks before the date of the performance. f. The following items should be written on tickets which are printed by applicants themselves: (a) One ticket is for one person only. Children under seven years old or less than 110 centimeters high are not allowed to enter except programs for children. (b) Please keep quite and tidy. Do not smoke, eat or drink in the auditorium and do not walk around during performances. (c) Please wear appropriate clothes. Do not wear undershirts, vests, slippers or clogs while entering the auditorium. (d) Photographing and recording are not allowed without permission. (e) Please switch off mobile phones or pagers during performances. (f) Entry of the audience starts thirty minutes before the performance. During performances nobody is allowed to enter or exit. (6) Notes: a. Applicants shall read carefully the Rental Regulations of the Taipei Zhongshan Hall before submitting applications. b. Please contact the Business Section of the Zhongshan Hall for application forms and activity information. Tel: +886-2-23813137 Fax:+886-2-23813317 Website: http://www.zsh.gov.taipei(Chinese) For the fee table, please go to “File Download”